Direct Others Towards Successful Outcomes
Take the lead with the Applied Leadership Certificate. If you’re a leader in your workplace or industry, this program will enhance and expand your leadership potential to inspire change and innovation in yourself, and those who follow you. The program focuses on deepening core competencies of successful leadership – Including transformation leadership skills, communication skills, change management and project management.
Admission to this program has been suspended.
As leadership evolves by embracing a more collaborative approach, the ability to instill trust and inspiration is of increasing importance. Developing a deeper self-awareness and a comprehensive understanding of how to inspire organizational change is the goal of the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Applied Leadership. For both current and emerging leaders, this innovative program has been designed to help professionals become more effective organizational leaders by examining the key skills, approaches and patterns of thinking that can transform organizations and create opportunities for future success and growth.
Who is the Program for?
- To nurture an “inside-out” approach to leadership through the development of “personal mastery”
- Enable learners to construct and sustain respectful relationships and optimize mutual trust
- To foster and facilitate collaboration and team productivity
- To facilitate team learning
- To build a community of inquiring leaders by promoting the learning skills of “action inquiry”
- To promote strategic organizational inquiry for the purpose of organizational breakthrough and transformation
- To be positive change agents in their own lives, relationships and organizations
- To understand transformational versus transactional change
- To understand organizational culture change
- To instill a systems thinking approach to leading in the midst of organizational complexity
- 108 contact hours of leadership training;
- 72 contact hours of foundational training in project management and business communication;
- 36 contact hours of an applied leadership challenge Capstone project.
Digital Materials Fees
- LDRS 0510 – Learning for Leaders in the 21st Century: Developing Personal Leadership
- LDRS 0530 – Leading Organizational Change
- LDRS 0540 – The Art and Practice of Team Leadership
- MGMT 0500 – Project Management: Essentials
- MGMT 0520 – Excellence in Communication
- LDRS 0590 – Capstone Project — Applied Leadership Challenge
|TERM||COURSE NUMBER||COURSE NAME (Courses run in Online formats)|
|Winter 2018||LDRS 0510||Learning for Leaders in the 21st Century: Developing Personal Leadership (REQ)|
|LDRS 0590||Capstone Project – Applied Leadership Challenge|
|Spring 2018||MGMT 0520||Excellence in Communication (REQ)|
|LDRS 0540||The Art & Practice of Team Leadership (REQ)|
|Fall 2018||MGMT 0500||Project Management: Essentials (REQ)|
|LDRS 0530||Leading Organizational Change|
What is a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate?
What is Online Learning?
How long does it take to complete the program?
- In 1 year: a minimum of 2 courses have to be taken in fall and winter and 2 in summer
- In 2 years: a minimum of 1 course has to be taken per term
Do I have to take the courses in a specific order?
What is the Capstone course?
Can I just enroll in a single course if I'm not interested in the entire program?
1. Fill Out an Application Form
Download and submit a completed Program Application Form.
Program Application Form (PDF)
2. Gather Your Transcripts
Submit official transcripts of the highest level of education you have completed. Student copies or photocopies are not acceptable. Transcripts become the property of University of Manitoba and will not be returned.
3. Submit Your Documents
Submit completed application form and transcripts to: Student and Instructor Services185 Extended Education Complex University of Manitoba Winnipeg, MB, R3T 2N2 or by email: email@example.com
Final official transcripts from any university or college attended other than University of Manitoba are required. Student copies or photocopies are not acceptable. Transcripts become the property of University of Manitoba and will not be returned.
4. Register for Your Courses
You can register for courses either online or by email, mail, in person or fax. Register by email, mail, in person or fax Download and submit a completed Course Registration Form Course Registration Form (PDF) Register online
You can register for courses either online or by email, mail, in person or fax. Please note, online registration is not supported on iOS (iPhone) and Android phone browsers.
*** Course listing unavailable.***
Please choose one of the following options:
- Search for Classes directly in FlexReg
- or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, 204 474-9921 for assistance.
Register by email, mail, in person or fax
1. Download and fill out Course Registration Form (PDF)
2. Send your completed form by email, mail, in person or fax to:
185 Extended Education Complex
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
R3T 2N2Phone: +1 204 474-8800
Toll Free: 1 888 216-7011
Fax: +1 204 474-7661