At a glance
Program length: 11 months to 3 years
Credential: Earn a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Aerospace Program Management from the University of Manitoba.
Aerospace Program Management
Direct Your Degree to the Skies
Aim high with the Aerospace Program Management Certificate. Direct your focus on advancing in the aerospace industry if you are, or plan to become, a manufacturing production and operations manager, product or process design leader, or procurement and logistic support professional. With this advanced credential, you’ll develop an understanding of the complete life cycle of an aerospace system—from initial identification of system requirements; to the product design, manufacturing processes, financial and marketing imperatives; to ongoing product employment, maintenance and sustainment.
Direct your degree towards Aerospace Program Management, and direct your future to a new elevation.
as listed in the 2020-2021 Academic Calendar
With this advanced credential, you will develop an understanding of the complete life cycle of an aerospace system – from initial identification of systems requirements; to the product design, manufacturing process, advanced manufacturing developments, financial and marketing imperatives; to on going product employment, maintenance and sustainment.
Who is the Program for?
- Gain an understanding of the aerospace industry including regulatory, political and international implications.
- Learn how to manage complex projects from analysis through to contract and implementation.
- Develop a strong understanding of the inter-related systems and variables governing aerospace production and operations including managing a product’s life cycle, program management and systems engineering
How to Apply to the Program
Submit completed application form and transcripts to:Student and Instructor Services185 Extended Education Complex, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, R3T 2N2or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The PAPM program is unique in Manitoba and one of very few Aerospace-related programs in Canada.
- A mix of students from different sectors (industry manufacturing/MRO, Air Force, government, academia) provides a dynamic and diverse classroom setting
- Degree courses are taken with students in the MA and MEng aerospace streams
- Offered on a cohort-based schedule and can be completed in a minimum of 11 months
How long does it take to complete the program?
Can I enroll in a just single course if I'm not interested in the entire program?
Do I have to take the courses in a specific order?
What is a Capstone course?
OPM 4620 – Production Management Seminar in Aerospace Life-Cycle Management
OPER 0300 – Aerospace Systems Analysis
POLS 4160 – Aerospace Industry Analysis
MECH 4330 - Aerospace Program Management and Systems Engineering
OPER 0400 – Aerospace Project Management
OPER 0500 – Individual Aerospace Applied Project – Capstone Course
Choose one elective course from the following courses.
MGMT 0140 – Introduction to Marketing
MGMT 0190 – Quality Assurance Planning
MGMT 0192 – Quality Improvement: Principles and Procedures
OPER 0902 – Special Topics: Emerging Issues in Aerospace
Important information to help you have a positive experience in Continuing and Professional Studies. (PDF)