Aerospace Program Management
Direct Your Degree to the Skies
Aim high with the Aerospace Program Management Certificate. Direct your focus on advancing in the aerospace industry if you are, or plan to become, a manufacturing production and operations manager, product or process design leader, or procurement and logistic support professional. With this advanced credential, you’ll develop an understanding of the complete life cycle of an aerospace system—from initial identification of system requirements; to the product design, manufacturing processes, financial and marketing imperatives; to ongoing product employment, maintenance and sustainment.
Direct your degree towards Aerospace Program Management, and direct your future to a new elevation.
This program is composed of six required courses and one elective course and can be completed in as little as 10 months or up to a maximum of three years, depending on your needs. Courses are delivered in and around the Winnipeg airport in a dynamic classroom setting. Instructors use a variety of learning tools, including case studies, exercises, seminar discussions, lectures, guest speakers and company visits.
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate (PBC)
Who is the Program for?
- Gain an understanding of the aerospace industry including regulatory, political and international implications.
- Learn how to manage complex projects from analysis through to contract and implementation.
- Develop a strong understanding of the inter-related systems and variables governing aerospace production and operations including managing a product’s life cycle, program management and systems engineering
How to Apply to the Program
- The PAPM program is unique in Manitoba and one of very few Aerospace-related programs in Canada.
- Military students are sponsored by the Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Studies (CFSAS).
- A mix of students from different sectors (industry manufacturing/MRO, Air Force, government, academia) provides a dynamic and diverse classroom setting
- Degree courses are taken with students in the MA and MEng aerospace streams
- Program offers a unique classroom experience, as courses are offered off-campus near the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Offered on a cohort-based schedule and can be completed in a minimum of 11 months
What is a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate?
How long does it take to complete the program?
Can I enroll in a just single course if I'm not interested in the entire program?
Do I have to take the courses in a specific order?
What is a Capstone course?
OPM 4620 – Production Management Seminar in Aerospace Life-Cycle Management
OPER 0300 – Aerospace Systems Analysis
POLS 4160 – Aerospace Industry Analysis
MECH 4330 - Aerospace Program Management and Systems Engineering
OPER 0400 – Aerospace Project Management
OPER 0500 – Individual Aerospace Applied Project – Capstone Course
Choose one elective course from the following courses.
MGMT 0140 – Introduction to Marketing
MGMT 0190 – Quality Assurance Planning
MGMT 0192 – Quality Improvement: Principles and Procedures
OPER 0902 – Special Topics: Emerging Issues in Aerospace
|TERM||COURSE NUMBER||COURSE NAME (all courses Online format)|
|Fall 2017||OPM 4620||Production Management Seminar – Aerospace Life Cycle Management – (REQ) - FTF|
|MECH 4330||Aerospace Program Management and Systems Engineering – (REQ) – FTF|
|Fall 2017 or Winter 2018||MGMT 0190 or 0192||Quality Improvement or Quality Assurance Planning (ELE) - OL|
|Winter 2018||POLS 4160||Aerospace Industry Analysis – (REQ) – FTF
|OPER 0300||Aerospace Systems Analysis – (REQ) – FTF
|Winter 2018||OPER 0500||Aerospace Applied Project: Capstone Course – (REQ)