Human Resource Management
Be Your Greatest HR Success Story
Reach for the higher echelons of your organization and make a greater strategic impact on its direction. Become a leader in Human Resources with innovative courses that correspond with the HR competency framework with the Certificate in Human Resource Management (HRM).
The HR World is Evolving
Your Education is Evolving With It
Expectations are rising. Chartered Professionals in Human Resources’ (CPHR) new Post-Secondary Institution Accreditation Programs strives to meet those expectations – and exceed them.
Our Certificate in Human Resource Management program has been redesigned to specifically meet the accreditation requirements of the new Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) designation, and the growing business and organizational expectations placed on today’s HR professionals.
Upon graduating – you may be eligible to waive writing the National Knowledge Exam (NKE), shortening the distance between you and your career goals.
How letters lead to better numbers
When you have CPHR added to your title, you’re more likely to get promoted faster than non-designated HR professionals*
HR generalists who become HR managers in five years.
HR generalists with CPHR who become HR managers in five years.
*2012 Payscale survey. Source: HRMA
Learn the leadership, teamwork, communication and strategic planning skills required of Human Resource Management Professionals. We have worked with industry experts to revise the Human Resource program to align with changes to the Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) Competency Framework. By completing nine required courses (varying between 12 and 36 contact hours) and 36 contact hours of elective credit you will gain specialized HR knowledge and will be better positioned to take on new challenges and opportunities in the HR field.
Who is the Program for?
- Gain essential knowledge and skills that have an impact on human resource management roles
- Acquire foundational information and develop skills that correspond to the new Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) Competency Framework, as defined by the CPHR Canada
- Attain foundational knowledge to pursue the CPHR designation
- Focus on a variety of applicable areas and issues through the revised elective component
- HRM 0100 – Managing the Human Resource Function
- HRM 0110 – Human Resource Legislation
- HRM 0122 – Recruitment and Selection
- HRM 0124 –Workplace Health and Safety
- HRM 0128 – Measuring the Human Resource Efficiency and Effectiveness
- HRM 0126 – Strategic Human Resource Planning
- HRM 0210 – Total Compensation
- MGMT 0110 – Organizational Behaviour
- MGMT 0202 – Staff Training and Development
Elective Courses (must total 36 contact hours)
- HRM 0202 – Labour Relations (18 contact hours)
- HRM 0134 – Ethics and Social Responsibility (18 contact hours)
- HRM 0130 – Employee Communication and Coaching (18 contact hours)
- MGMT 0100 – Canadian Business: An Introduction (36 contact hours)
|TERM||COURSE NUMBER||COURSE NAME (Courses run in Online/Face-to-Face formats)|
|Fall 2018||HRM 0100||Managing the HR Function (REQ) FTF|
|MGMT 0110||Organizational Behaviour (REQ) OL|
|HRM 0122||Recruitment and Selection (REQ) FTF|
|HRM 126||Strategic HR Planning HRM (REQ) OL|
|MGMT 0100||Canadian Business: an Introduction (ELE) FTF|
|HRM 0110||HR Legislation (REQ) FTF|
|HRM 0134||HR Ethics and Social Responsibility (ELE) OL|
|Winter 2019||MGMT 0122||The Practice of Change Management (ELE) OL|
|HRM 0100||Managing the Human Resource Function (REQ) OL|
|MGMT 0202||Staff Training and Development (REQ) OL|
|MGMT 0110||Organizational Behaviour (REQ) FTF|
|HRM 0210||Total Compensation (REQ) FTF|
|HRM 0130||Employee Communication and Coaching (ELE) OL|
|MGMT 0100||Canadian Business: An Introduction (ELE) OL|
|Spring 2019||HRM 0100||Managing the HR Function HRM 0100 (REQ) - OL|
|HRM 0124||Workplace Health and Safety (REQ) OL|
|HRM 0202||Labour Relations (ELE) - OL|
|HRM 0110||Human Resource Legislation - OL|
What is Online Learning?
Are HRM courses transferrable to degree studies?
How long does it take to complete the program?
Can I just enroll in a single course if I'm not interested in the entire program?
1. Fill Out an Application Form
Download and submit a completed Program Application Form.
Program Application Form (PDF)
2. Gather Your Transcripts
Submit official transcripts of the highest level of education you have completed. Student copies or photocopies are not acceptable. Transcripts become the property of University of Manitoba and will not be returned.
3. Submit Your Documents
Submit completed application form and transcripts to:
Student and Instructor Services
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB, R3T 2N2
or by email: email@example.com
Final official transcripts from any university or college attended other than University of Manitoba are required. Student copies or photocopies are not acceptable. Transcripts become the property of University of Manitoba and will not be returned.
4. Register for Your Courses
You can register for courses either online or by email, mail, in person or fax.
Register by email, mail, in person or fax
Download and submit a completed Course Registration Form
Course Registration Form (PDF)
Register for a Course
You can register for courses either online or by email, mail, in person or fax. Please note, online registration is not supported on iOS (iPhone) and Android phone browsers.
*** Course listing unavailable.***
Please choose one of the following options:
- Search for Classes directly in FlexReg
- or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, 204 474-9921 for assistance.
Register by email, mail, in person or fax
1. Download and fill out Course Registration Form (PDF)
2. Send your completed form by email, mail, in person or fax to:
185 Extended Education Complex
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
R3T 2N2Phone: +1 204 474-8800
Toll Free: 1 888 216-7011
Fax: +1 204 474-7661
“ The Continuing Education and Professional Studies programs, such as the Certificate in Management, Certificate in Adult and Continuing Education [Program Development for Adult Learners], and Human Resource Management Certificate have become a valuable piece of our continuing education strategy”Anna Wieler
Important information to help you have a positive experience in Continuing and Professional Studies. (PDF)
Bachelor of Arts Integrated Studies
Take your education to the next level and apply your certificate towards an undergraduate degree. Graduates of the Certificate in Human Resource Management (HRM) program are eligible to use their certificates in pursuit of a Bachelor of Arts Integrated Studies degree.