and Safety Course
Prepare for field work in remote environments.
Learn field and safety skills, and apply them in your work.
PILOT August 26 to 30
Parkland Mews Falconry and Bird of Prey Recovery & Education Centre Inc.
At a glance
- Five-day intensive (50 contact hours) with one overnight stay
- Offered in partnership with the Clayton H. Riddell Faculty of Environment, Earth, and Resources
- Earn a Letter of Accomplishment (LOA) from the University of Manitoba
Learn safety and field skills
If you are starting your career or studying in a field science discipline like ecology or environmental sciences, this course was designed to provide you with an understanding of important safety and foundational field skills for working in remote environments.
Build your skills
Fire and water safety
Field first aid
Navigation (compass, GPS, maps)
ATV and truck/trailer use
Small engine repair
Edible and medicinal plants
Wildlife awareness and safety (Bear Smart)
Master the skills
Each skill builds on the previous skills learned, so it must be mastered to at least 80 per cent. This course is simply graded as a Pass or Fail (P/F)
Register for your course
Register for a course
Register by email, mail, in person or fax
1. Download and fill out Course Registration Form (PDF)
2. Send your completed form by email, mail, in person or fax to:
*** Course listing unavailable.***
Please choose one of the following options:
- Search for Classes directly in FlexReg
- or contact us at: email@example.com, 204 474-9921 for assistance.