Contact the Access Program
The Access Program provides holistic support to Indigenous, newcomer, and other students. With Access, you will find the supportive place, people, and programs that will help you succeed.
Access is located in Migizii Agamik (Bald Eagle Lodge), on the U of M’s Fort Garry Campus.
Area Director’s Office: (204) 474-9145
General Inquiries: (204) 474-8000
Toll-free in Manitoba: 1-800-432-1960 ext. 8000
Room 221 – 114 Sidney Smith St.
The University of Manitoba
The Access Program includes
UMAP– the University of Manitoba Access Program- for general university study
HCAP– the Health Careers Access Program- preparing Manitoba Indigenous people for entry to health-related professions
PHP– the Professional Health Program- supporting Indigenous people in professional health fields
Applications for students starting university in the fall are due on May 1.
The Centre is open to all Aboriginal students (First Nations, non-status, Inuit and Metis) who require academic, personal or cultural assistance.
Bursaries & Scholarships
- Aboriginal Bursary Search Tool
- Scholarships Canada
- Helen Betty Osborne Memorial Foundation
- Louis Riel Institute
- Manitoba Hydro Awards, Bursaries & Scholarships
- University of Manitoba Bursaries
- Building Foundations Bursary
- Manitoba Métis Federation Inc. Métis Employment & Training
- MTS Pursue Your Calling Scholarships
- Canadian Nurses Foundation – Scholarships